Willard K-8 School
2020 Willard Avenue, SE Warren, OH 44484 Phone: 330-675-8700 Fax: 330-675-8710
K-2 Pod Leader:Michelle Chiaro
3-5 Pod Leader: Bill Nicholson
6-8 Pod Leader: Carly Polder
Supervisor of School Improvement: Jeffrey Morris
Building Secretary: Christina Gania
Pod Secretary: Chris Bornemiss
Pod Secretary: Janis Soldani
Pod Secretary: Michelle Meade
District Staff Directory
School Visitor Procedures
The District welcomes and encourages visits by parents and other adult residents of the community. However, for the educational program to continue undisturbed and to prevent the intrusion of disruptive persons into the schools, the District has adopted the following visitor rules. (Board Policy #9150)
Please park in the parking lot in front of the building unless directed to the rear of the building (for speical events), if there are no parking spaces available visitors may use short term parking along the curb. Visitors must enter in the front of the building, the left hand entrance is used for grades 6-8 and the right hand entrance is used for grades K-5. For security reasons the doors are locked and the intercom system (to the right of the doors for 6-8, and the left of the doors for K-5) should be used so that a secretary can assist you.
If You Plan To Visit
- Parents and school visitors should make advance arrangements with the school office. Upon arrival at the school, parents and visitors must register with the office.
- The Building Administrator or designee will arrange all parent or visitor conferences with students and may need to be present.
- A student will be permitted to leave the school only with a person who has been clearly identified as his or her parent or guardian or a person authorized to act on the parent or guardian’s behalf.
- Business people must also register and receive authorization to be present to conduct business with a staff member.
- The Superintendent or Building Administrator has the authority to prohibit the entry or to expel any person from a school when there is reason to believe the person would be detrimental to the order of the school.
Weapons of Any Kind Are Not Permitted In A School Safety Zone The Board of Education prohibits staff members, students and visitors from possessing, storing, making or using a weapon, including a concealed weapon in a school safety zone. The Superintendent/designee shall refer any violator to law enforcement officials, regardless of whether he/she possesses a valid concealed weapons license. (Board Policy #5772)
Threatening Behavior Toward a Staff Member Is Not Permitted. Any words or deeds that intimidate a staff member or cause anxiety concerning his/her physical well-being is strictly forbidden. Any parent, visitor, staff member or agent of the Board who is found to have threatened a member of the staff may be reported to the police. He/she also will be excluded from school grounds until such time that the individual is not a threat to the health and safety of the staff and students.
(Board Policy #3362.01, #4362.01)