Appropriate Student Dress
Warren City Schools’ students are expected to wear appropriate clothing to school. All clothing must be clean, in good condition and properly fitted. Neatness, cleanliness and attention to personal hygiene are required.
Outlined below are examples of clothing and accessories NOT permitted in school. The items listed may not include all items.
- Any manner of dress presenting a danger to health or safety
- Any manner of dress that would indicate affiliation or membership in a threat group and/or gang
- Clothing that exposes the shoulder, torso, midriff, chest, cleavage, back, buttocks or undergarments (examples: tank tops, tube tops, halter-tops, crop-tops, spaghetti straps, etc. Tops and bottoms must overlap at all times, including when arms are raised.)
- Excessively over-sized clothing or sagging clothing. Bottoms must stay in place at the waistline or hipline with or without a belt.
- Clothing advertising alcoholic beverages, drugs or clothing with obscene, hate or violence-related printing
- Headgear, sunglasses (unless prescribed), ski goggles, hats, bandannas, rags, etc.
- Shoes with wheels (heelies)
- Flip-flops (spongy and intended as beachwear or locker room wear) or athletic sandals
- Clothing made of see-through material
- Sleep wear (including lounge wear and house slippers)
- Cut-off/frayed clothing or jeans with holes
- Outdoor coats or other outerwear worn inside school (this includes over-sized hooded sweatshirts)
- Under garments worn as outer garments
- Fads or styles deemed inappropriate or disruptive to instruction by the administration
Outlined below are examples of clothing and accessories permitted in school.
- Tailored or fitted, long sleeve, short sleeve (no sleeveless tops)
- Knit shirts and turtlenecks, long or short sleeve
- T-Shirts (no tank tops or sleeveless undershirts)
- Sweaters, sweatshirts, vests, or cardigans (proper fit)
- Pants, jeans, skirts, dresses, shorts, skorts (no shorter then 3” above knee), capri pants
- Leggings (with appropriate covering that is no shorter than 3” above knee)
- Comfortable shoes that protect the feet
- Tennis shoes
- Shoes with heels two inches or less
Gym Clothing for Grades 6-12
Students are required to change into appropriate gym clothes for physical education classes.
- Pants: shorts, warm-up pants, windpants or sweatpants
- T-Shirts (no narrow straps)
- Gym Shoes (non-marking soles)
Consequences for Dress Code Violations
For students who violate these guidelines, the following consequences may apply:
- Call parents to bring appropriate dress to school.
- Provide alternative dress for remainder of day.
- Place in In-School Suspension.
- Assign to Saturday School.
- Suspend from school.