A child must be 5 years old by September 30, 2013, in order to enter Kindergarten.
April 9 – Jefferson PK-8 School – 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
April 10 – Willard PK-8 School- 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
April 11 – McGuffey K-8 School- 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
April 16 – Board of Education – 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
April 17 – Lincoln K-8 School – 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Ongoing registration also available at the Board of Education after April 29th, from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. daily.
Parents should bring the following items with them to Kindergarten Registration:
- CHILD(REN) (Required – as Food Service will enroll child for breakfast/lunch programs)
- Shot records – updated
5 doses of D.P.T.
4 doses of T.O.P.V. (Polio)
2 doses of M.M.R.
3 doses of Hepatitis B
2 dose of Varicella (Chicken Pox)
*Please note – the State of Ohio requires the above shots before entering Kindergarten.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Residency (living) in Warren City School District, with at least one of the following:
- utility bills with top and bottom portion intact
- current income tax form
- bill of sale
- rental agreement
- house insurance form
- notarized statement from landlord
- Most up-to-date Custody papers, if applicable
At registration, parents will receive information on vision and hearing testing for their child, which can either be done at Kindergarten Jump Start (Summer Program) or before school in August.
Jump Start into Kindergarten will be offered to all children enrolled in the Warren City School District who are entering kindergarten. The program will run from Monday, July 15th until Thursday, August 8th. Classes are held Mondays through Thursdays with no classes on Fridays. The student day begins at 8:30 am until 12:00 pm. The program is designed to introduce kindergarten children to school routines, as well as to the routines of reading and writing. To register your child, please contact the Board Administration Building at 330-841-2321 Ext 7120 or 7118.
• All students are offered busing to and from the school.
• Children attending daycares within school boundaries can be bused to and from the daycare. Students must attend Jump Start at the school where the daycare is located.
• Lunch is provided to all students.
• Jump Start is held at all four of the K-8 Buildings.
Pre-School Registration Form