The Department of Community Outreach and Grant Development is responsible for supervising and providing direct services in support of Family Involvement/Education, Prevention, and Intervention Services throughout the District. The services of School Counselors, School Community Liaisons, and the Title I Family Coordinators are managed from this Department. The Community Outreach Department works collaboratively with numerous community agencies and organizations to identify and access community-based resources in support of our children and families. Department staff provides immediate crisis management and support as needed throughout the District. A number of specific grants are managed by the department providing direct services in area such as:
- Social Emotional Learning Education PK-12- Skills for Life
- Parent and Family Engagement
- Credit Recovery for High School Students and Alternative School Programs
- Afterschool Academic Enrichment Programs 21st Century Community Learning Centers for 6th-8th grade at Willard and Jefferson Schools.
- Violence Prevention
- College Access and Career Development Programs
- Volunteering and Foster Grandparent Program